I am totally new to openEMM and this forum/board.
I have been asked to look at openEMM for my organization. btw we are 98% a windows shop.
I have a few questions if I may.
1) Can openEMM run on MS Windows Server 2008 x64 or MS server 2012 x64? If yes, is it stable?
2) Can openEMM obtain its email addresses from multiple data sources like MS SQL server, MS Exchange, Excel spreadsheets, MS Access
3) Does is support ODBC connections to data sources?
5) I notice openEMM makes use of MySql, can it make use of MS SQL server?
6 ) How does openEMM handle undeliverables? Does it automatically do unsubscribes of undeliverables.
7) Does it support lists within lists?
8 ) Can openEMM support email discussion lists (meaning where subscribers can submit and carry on a conversations via email)
9 ) Does the end user interface have several predefined templates that end users can select?
10) Is it comparable to ListServ from L-Soft? We looked at their product but it is very expensive although very robust.
As far as user/client concerns we have one regional office that has about 30 lists with the largest about 800 email addresses and currently they are using our organizational email system (Groupwise soon to be MS Exchange) and this method has problems associated with it.
We have another component of our organization who do not use our email system and they have about 10 lists with the largest about 400 email addresses and one list being primarily the main one. It should be noted that one dept of our organization makes use of MailChimp and do some mass mailings of approx 80,000 or so but at this point there is no consideration of them changing to another solution.
Ideally we would like an interface that users/clients use that does not need a lot of training or support from our IT dept.
It should be noted if we were to go with openEMM we would most likely buy support from Agintas.
I hope I have not asked too many questions.
Thank you very much