Let's talk Integration instead of Extensions

Use this forum for topics related to OpenEMM contributions like the Typo3 extension or SugarCRM connector

Moderator: moderator

Let's talk Integration instead of Extensions

Postby emailix » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:09 am

I'm a new "fan" of OpenEMM.

Unfortunately it imho is at best subpar.

I don't say this to diminsh anybody's effort.

It's just that it has a lot of bugs (even the demo throws errors at me) and imho some critical things for a state -of-the-art Email Marketing app seem to be completely lacking.

Like for instqance an easy installation stack or routine (s. also

Or the the integration with mayor (OpenSource) CMS, CRM or ERP systems?

The only attempt i can see so for is SugarCRM and Typo.
And teh SugarCRM-"extension"is not working with the newest Sugarr Community release

Perhaps these issues aren't thought of?

Or perhaps there are not enough resources / people to take care of?

Or perhaps it is a smart move of Agnitas to "limit" OpenEmm and make people purchase their commercial Email apps?

Postby lord_alan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 am

OpenEMM has a published and open API for anyone to use to integrate with other applications. It also uses a very well known database.

Due to the very nature of what OpenEMM does and how fully featured it is, I can see why there not many extensions or integration apps for it. But all the docs are available for you to use.

Or of course, you can also *pay* someone to write one for you if you want ;-)
The Way Out Is Open.

Postby arjelou06 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:27 am

Hello, I am also a fan of OpenEMM and I am glad to see you around here in this forum. OpenEMM offers already more than 95% of the functionality of most commercial products. Some of it features commercial products do not person which have a problem with OpenEMM.

Return to OpenEMM Contributions